13 September 2010

Bella Vista

Okay, so I've ragged on utility pizza before, so I'm not gonna do it again. Let's keep this brief: Bella Vista is decent utility pizza. I shared a medium three topping with a friend, and the mushrooms were fresh(*), and the crust had a nice crisp to it. Good nuff.


Location: 53 Maryland St.

Price tag: medium three topping = ~$15


*Whilst complaining about the canned mushrooms on the aforementioned Mano's Pizza, one of my friends mentioned her actual preference for canned mushrooms on pizza. At the time, I wrote her off as crazy, but then I saw this poll on Serious Eats. I think you have to register to see the results, but it ended up that 15% also preferred canned mushrooms on pizza. Colour me surprised. I still think it's crazy, though. Seriously, canned mushrooms suck.(**)

**A footnote longer than the actual post. Boo-ya.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind canned mushrooms. They completely make the mushroom pizza from Romana's in B-town. Its all in the application. How about the canned tomatoes in the pizza sauce?

    ReplyDelete