09 July 2010

Clear Lake Feedbag: Breakfast at The Gates

I recently stayed at the slightly grungey Southgate Motor Hotel in Onanole for a few nights and had breakfast once in the adjoining greasy spoon. This is only the second breakfast report on here, and I'm already beginning to question their worth. I might as well just write "I'm pretty sure they didn't spit in my food" and leave it at that. Not that I'm too good for the occasional greasy-spoon breakfast, it's just there's really not much to say. The yolks on my softly-poached eggs were runny, the hashbrowns decent, but not quite crispy as I like, the ham (this time) of passable quality. Sound familiar?

Price tag: $5.99 for your standard two eggs, hashbrowns, choice of meat and toast. This was a Saturday, not sure if they run a weekday breakfast special.

Website: Shyeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment